The Detroit Facilitation Guild has two goals:
1. Help individuals hone the craft of facilitation (and conflict resolution, mediation) through peer learning
2. Develop a corps of competent facilitators in Detroit
How it works:
– Monthly meetings are topic-based, with rotating facilitators who will coordinate logistics and facilitate meetings
– Proposed structure of meetings:
1. Announcements2. Opening: Quick Facilitation Tools/Strategies3. Training/Discussion4. Feedback/advice for Real Meetings5. Quick meeting evaluation
– Trainings/Discussion will be determined by facilitators! This document includes a sign-up sheet for the next several months. A ‘Potential Topics’ tab lists some of facilitation topics and issue that we brainstormed on Monday; these can serve as ideas for future meeting topics. This list is not exhaustive or restricted–please feel free to add and brainstorm additional topics and mix-and-match when determining what topic you’re interested in.